Dr. Richard Wilk Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Richard Wilk?

Don't waste your time

Posted on October 15th, 2016

He was a jerk with a horrible disposition. Condescending, dismissive and rude.

Evaluation for my treatment

Posted on November 24th, 2015

I had a thorn rotating cuff of my left shoulder about 2cm which was evaluated by Dr. Wilk using the MRI result and he treated me with kindness and made me pain free. I am grateful to Dr. Wilk.

Hip Labrum Repair

Posted on November 3rd, 2015

Could not have gone better.. Was direct with what I needed done and I had the surgery just a couple weeks after the diagnosis. Everything went smoothly and the end result has given me a much healthier and active life style.

Posted on July 22nd, 2015

he was ok did not feel a connection with him - to me that is important

Posted on January 14th, 2015

I don't really care about bedside manner if you know what you are talking about and can help me. I was referred to Dr Wilk and got all of my tests and reports and brought them with me as requested. I was left waiting in an exam room for over 45 minutes. Finally he came into the exam room and did a very brief exam then went to look at my MRI and X-Rays. He asked if I had also brought the actual MRI report which I had printed out and given to his PA when I gave her the disc and she had returned to me. Why did she give it back to me if he needed it? He looked at everything and pretty much said there isn't anything I can do for you but you should go back and talk to the other doctor that had referred me to Dr. Wilk. That doesn't make sense as he is the gentleman who sent me there. (Ever feel like a ping pong ball with no control over who has the paddle?) So I left there no better off at all, in fact I was beyond frustrated at this point and it was now rush hour and I had wasted a trip out to Lexington for this appointment as well as having had to take time off from work. As I was in traffic on my way home my phone rang and it was him saying that perhaps he missed something on my x-ray or misread it and he wanted to know if I could turn around and come back? NO WAY! I wasn't about to waste any more of my time, gas, or insurance companies money - I have no doubt he would have charged them if I had gone back. Lesson learned: I'm happy for all those he is able to help but I was not one of them and I would not recommend him to my worst enemy and certainly not a friend or family member. I have come to expect much more and certainly better from Lahey.

shoulder surgery

Posted on May 1st, 2014

Great person along with doctor. Not only is he caring and takes the time to ask about your life, he is an incredible doctor and definably knows what he is doing. I highly recommend him.

Posted on March 31st, 2014

Terribly rude and inconsiderate- waited a long time in exam room and then when he came in to examine me he left the exam rom door open and was coming in and out of the room while talking on his cell phone! ARE YOU KIDDING ? He was dismissive, rushed, rude and when I asked a question about the potential surgery, he was condescending and did address my concern. Horrible

Shoulder surgury

Posted on October 14th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Wilk by one of his colleages, Glad I saw him, had shoulder pain and limited ability to raise my arm higher than my chest, Dr. Wilk operated on my rotator cuff and I'm very glad he did. Pain is gone and has been for years, can raise arm straight up, where as before was impossible. Dr. Wilk is a straight shooter, no B/S, doesn't pacify the situation. actually going to contact his office with regards to a knee injury.

Excellent!

Posted on January 21st, 2013

Dr. Wilk is a stellar surgeon--I had a longstanding issue with my shoulder that he fixed.. Of note, he was the 3rd surgeon who had reviewed my case. He is straightforward, blunt--cuts to the chase. I can see from other reviews that "bedside manner' is an issue. As the daughter of a surgeon myself, I think i understand the personality. All I wanted was to be fixed--not coddled. Dr. Wilk did it!

Worst bedside manner

Posted on September 18th, 2012

Avoid at all costs!! Go into any Boston Hospital....avoid Wilk! e is rude and uncaring.

Do not waste your time

Posted on August 27th, 2012

Worst doctor I ever had. No bedside manner. No empathy. Did not look at my records prior to visit. He should be reported.

Miracle Worker

Posted on July 29th, 2012

Dr. Wilk is an extremely competent and professional surgeon. I had two fulkerson osteotomy's performed by him several years ago. Prior to the surgery, I had major lateral tracking problems of the patella in both knees. After two highly complicated surgeries, I can run and workout pain free. I strongly recommend Dr. Wilk.