Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard Wilmot has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 65
He is one of the best doctors I have ever seen. He was so thorough and attentive (along with is staff), that I wondered how he could afford to give me & my condition so much attention. He really got to the bottom of what was going on with my health vs. seeing me & my condition in a "cookie-cutter" manner.
Dr Wilmot has consistently been helpful. One of the few doctors who puts forth serious effort to help an individual resolve and/or manage their disease. Instead of just punching a clock and going through the motions (as any good robot could do), he spends time with patient, has enjoyable manner, and does additional research when needed.
Dr. Wilmot and his staff are amazing. Here is an office where you get people who know who you are when you come. Dr. Wilmot always listens and explains what is going on with me. He never spends his time on a computer during the visit - that's done by the nurse chaperone - so you get his complete attention to your problem. At the end of every visit I know what his plan is for me and I really feel I'm in collaboration with him about my medical issues. Great doctor!
Dr. Wilmot is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Peter's Hospital
Albany Medical Center Hospital Rehab Unit
25 Years Experience
Albany Medical College
Graduated in 1988
Albany Medical Center
Dr. Richard Wilmot accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions2 Executive Park Dr, Albany, NY
Dr. Richard Wilmot is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Albany, NY.