Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard S Wittner has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Nutritional Support
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 15
The doctor was very informative and asked several questions. I have no doubt about his medical expertise. However, the support staff needs to be replaced. They are rude, spend time talking g about personal matters behind the window (they don't want you to disturb). When they called to remind me about my daughter's appointment, the girl laughed and did not state the time or location of the appointment. I just heard laughing on the voicemail and she hung up. I knew exactly when, where her appointment was at. However, that was a very rude reminder. When I got to the office I always go 15-20 minutes early so there is no fuss. However, I ended up waiting 30-40 minutes passed the appointment time with no explanation from staff. I could hear them talking behind the closed window and every few minutes the girl at the front would answer her personal cell phone. I could tell because I could hear her song on her phone. When I tried to have my daughter get an ultrasound she was not cooperative. I told the staff we should try another day. However, the technician kept blaming me "for not helping him". He also stated that that never happens suggesting something is wrong with me and my daughter. She's a toddler they never stay still. I would think pediatric specialists would know this. In addition I explained she doesn't like strangers. Especially touching her she is a cautious child. The technician kept making comments that maybe he should visit her at home. Those comments were very unprofessional. I was very disappointed.
Dr. Wittner is very friendly and very experienced. He explain the diagnosis very well and give us a time to clarify all our queries. He provide the time till our last question. I am visitng Dr. Wittner since 19 months for my dauther and never faced any problem while talking to Dr or anyone in his office. He do a personal follow up at the specific day/time... even over the weekends. For any urgency, personaly schedule the appointment on request. I am very happy with Dr. Wittner and definately recommend him to others.
54 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1964
Ucla Medical Center
Dr. Richard S Wittner accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- Blue Cross CA Vivity
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Flex3
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMedvantx, 2865 Atlantic Ave Ste 149, Long Beach, CA
Dr. Richard S Wittner is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Long Beach, CA.