Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Richard L Wixson has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Joint Replacement
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Sports Medicine
- Knee Surgery
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Prosthesis Failure
- Knee Surgery (Knee Replacement Arthroplasty)
- Bone Fracture
- Herniated Disc
- Surgical Blood Loss
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 16
Dr Wixson did 3 hip replacement on the right side. He did not diagnose the second replacement was not right after three years of mr reporting pain to him. Finally, after I could Bo longer walk without pain, he paid attention. He did the third replacement, after which he told me that there was no bone growth into the cup, ever, for three years. Hence, the reason for my pain during that time. He then told me the reason this had happened was that he had not seated the cup correctly. He further said that x-Rays are not able to pick up these problems,AND maybe HE HAD DRUNK TOO MUCH THE NIGHT BEFORE,OR MAYBE HE HAD HAD A FIGHT WITH HIS WIFE RHE NIGHT BEFORE!!!! Then he left the room. That was the last I heard from him. My husband was there listening to all this. In my opinion, he is getting old and not able to perform correctly.
Dr. Wixson is fantastic! he did my double knee replacement 8 years ago. I had a great result. He is caring and listens to my concerns. The only down side is he is busy- but that is the price you pay to get the best. I recommend him to everyone and know many on whom he has operated, all with good results.
46 Years Experience
University Of Wisconsin School Of Medicine And Public Health
Graduated in 1972
Henry Ford Health System
Dr. Richard L Wixson accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Richard L Wixson in this video.
Dr. Richard L Wixson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Skokie, IL.