Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about contraceptive implants, including how they work, the benefits and risks, and what types of doctors implant them.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard Belch
Dr. Richard Belch, MD, PHD is a Doctor primarily located in Oak Lawn, IL. He has 39 years of experience. His specialties include Gynecologic Oncology and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Belch is affiliated with Advocate South Suburban Hospital, Advocate Christ Medical Center and Advocate Trinity Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard Belch has the following 2 specialties
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar cancer, vaginal cancer and fallopian tube cancer.
In addition to diagnosing the stage of your cancer and recommending treatment options, they’ll provide care throughout your treatment and help you manage your symptoms. They’ll often work closely with a pathologist and a radiologist to properly diagnose you and determine if your cancer is shrinking or spreading throughout treatment. They’re even trained to administer chemotherapy and to perform surgery to remove cancer when necessary.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Richard Belch has the following 4 expertise
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hot Flashes
Dr. Richard Belch has 1 board certified specialty
Dr. Richard Belch is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Dr. Belch is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Advocate South Suburban Hospital
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Advocate Trinity Hospital
Advocate Medical Group
Sixth Avenue and Spruce Street
39 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1974
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsAdvocate Christ Medical Center, 4440 W 95th St, Oak Lawn, IL
Dr. Richard Belch is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Oak Lawn, IL.