- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Richard E Zander MD
Dr. Richard E Zander, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Greenville, SC, with other offices in Greenville, SC and Greenville, SC . He has 44 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Zander is affiliated with Greer Memorial Hospital, North Carolina Specialty Hospital Pharmacy and Bon Secours-St Francis Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Richard E Zander has 3 locations
200 Patewood Dr Ste B200
Greenville, SC 29615
317 Saint Francis Dr Ste 170
Greenville, SC 29601
14 Hawthorne Park Ct
Greenville, SC 29615
Dr. Richard E Zander has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Richard E Zander has the following 10 expertise
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
Showing 1 of 1
Not enough time for patients
Self-verified patient of Dr. Richard E Zander - Posted on November 5th, 2009
Mu experience from the beginning was not good. The initial consult, I had to wait over an hour. We spoke with an associate phys. practitioner. Scheduled tests, and saw doctor 1 minute before test. I awoke and was told by him , I may have precancerous condition. I kept calling for results, nothing. Had more tests, the radiologist needed to give me results , due to my anxiety about not knowing anything. I had two scary possible diagnosis, and none of them thank God were accurate. Dr. Zander finally calls me at 8:00pm. to tell me my results weeks after the initial tests. I only saw the doctor one time for about four minutes. He doesn't return calls. His nurse talks to him through e-mails. I was very frustrated with the whole experience, and I am still suffering with the same symtoms. I now have an appointment with another doctor,
Dr. Zander is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
44 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 1974
University Of Alabama Hospital
Dr. Richard E Zander Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
BCBS South Carolina
- BCBS South Carolina
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- PHCS PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Richard E Zander is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Greenville, SC.