Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rick Hummel
Dr. Rick Hummel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Saint Louis, MO. He has 31 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine, Critical Care Medicine and Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Hummel is affiliated with Christian Hospital Northeast, Christian Hospital Northwest and Christian Hospital NE NW. He speaks English.
Dr. Rick Hummel has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Showing 5 of 19
His office manager was beyond rude, on more than one occassion all three of his staff were openly talking about patients and thier medicines as well as make fun, judge them. I had a horrid time getting my medical records from him and he also misdiagnosed me which has had serious affects on my health.
Dr. Hummel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Christian Hospital Northeast
Christian Hospital Northwest
Christian Hospital NE NW
Christian Hospital Northwest Healthcare Center
31 Years Experience
Saint Louis University
Graduated in 1982
Dr. Rick Hummel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions11155 Dunn Rd, Saint Louis, MO
Dr. Rick Hummel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Saint Louis, MO.