Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rick L Jenkins
Dr. Rick L Jenkins, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Beverly Hills, CA, with another office in Long Beach, CA. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. Dr. Jenkins is affiliated with Loma Linda University Medical Center East Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Rick L Jenkins has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 88
I recommend him for everyone that need a little help in hard time of need emotionally,He is a very pleasant and motivated Dr.as we'll as his staff.
one of the worst experiences I've had with a psychiatrist in 20 years. less than 10 minute assessment (first time visit). In the 15 minutes before me 4 people went in and out with prescriptions. Will NOT give refills; you must come in every month and will charge you 40 dollars for him to call in the pharmacy for medication if you can't make it to your next visit for some reason. He is dressed sloppy and barely paid any attention - including answering is cell phone during the session. YES REALLY. My name was misspelled on the prescription so he had to redo it. The woman at the front was NOT friendly. I truly do NOT recommend him. Oh - and even with having everyone come in every month - he still was the only one on my HMO that had space for me to come in within a few months... .
This was my first time ever seeing a psychiatrist and was extremely unimpressed by DR. Jenkins. I seemed more alert, engaged, and attentive than this guy. I felt extremely disappointed after seeing him. I feel as if he had very little clue what he was talking about, nore did he seem confident that he could help me or the medication he prescribed. In our 5 minute conversation, I got very minimum eye contact. I do not think anyone should see this psychiatrist. Plus, the office decor and way patients seemed to slip in and out was sketchy.
I saw Dr. Rick for almost 3 years. I do agree with other reviews, in that, he started giving me meds. right away without much discussion. Fortunately, other doctors agreed with what he was giving me, so I was fine with that. What I'm not fine with is Maria. Is the rudest, incompetent, wanna be assistant I have ever come across. When you are depressed and feeling down on yourself and life, the last person you want to get near is her. She is the last person that should be dealing with the public, much less the public with issues. I like him, but I don't see him, because of her.
Dr. Jenkins is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
38 Years Experience
Wright State University Boonshoft School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1980
Dr. Rick L Jenkins accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Cigna Southern CA Select
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PHCS PPO Kaiser
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rick L Jenkins is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Beverly Hills, CA.