Dr. Rick Stanley Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Rick Stanley?

Posted on June 11th, 2015

I recently visited Dr Stanley after partially tearing my Achilles. They were able to get me an appointment promptly, but at the appointment I was very disappointed with Stanley's behavior. As I was sitting on the exam table, I had my walking boot off and my shoe on my other foot. He was explaining something and said "your foot needs to stay like this because everytime it moves back and forth it tears", while he grabs my bad foot jerking it back and forward causing excruciating pain, then exclaims "oh that the bad foot huh?" After that he told me to wear the boot day and night and to come back in three weeks. As he was getting ready to leave, I asked him what I was supposed to do with work since my job requires being on my feet. His reply was "well that sucks". After a few moments of awkward silence, he then said he would give me a doctors note which ended up being very vague. The whole appointment was a total of 7 minutes, if that. I would not recommend going to Stanley. I was very disappointed and discouraged after my appointment.

Love this guy!!

Posted on August 30th, 2013

I have been a patient of Dr Stanley for almost 25 years and have always felt at ease w/ him. I am currently seeing him due to a MVA and was thrilled to be able to get in to see him without having to wait a month. He has a great bedside manner and is always smiling & joking around :-) The only bummer is that after injecting my joint in hopes of it making it feel better I'm still having intense pain : ( He ordered an MRI to get to the bottom of the issue. This was a great call on his part and I am totally confident in any/all treatment he advises. I'd certainly recommend him to other people and have more than once.

Please steer clear!!!

Posted on March 23rd, 2013

Dr. Stanley failed to diagnose that my child had torn cartilage in a knee after a fall. He basically dismissed her with the attitude that she should 'walk it off'. As a consequence, she walked around for almost a year with pain until I took her to a kind, caring orthopedic surgeon who scheduled her for surgery almost immediately. She has been doing fine since her surgery. I found him cold, callous and very disinterested. I would NOT recommend him to anyone. I have tried to forgive him for not recognize my child's problem but it's difficult when months of pain could have been prevented if he had been more diligent. I blame myself for taking his word for it that she was okay, but he's the one who is supposed to be able to read an x-ray.

Posted on November 4th, 2010

He is very busy and focused on the task at hand, the result of being a very good physician. I am so glad he was my surgeon for my knee-- cant imagine going to anyone else.

Posted on March 31st, 2017