Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ricky L Irons has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 4 of 4
Dr. Irons is a wonderful Dr. He has always listened to me and never acted like any of the questions i asked him were stupid. He has always helped me in any way he could and I have never had anything but full faith in his treatment of any condition i may have had. I am truly blessed to have him as my doctor for all these years...He also has a nurse, Sally, who has always gone above and beyond to help me with any paperwork, work-ins etc.....She is also a blessing to have and i appreciate both of them very much.
Dr. Irons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Alabama School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Carraway Methodist Medical Center
Dr. Ricky L Irons accepts the following insurance providers.
- BCBS AL PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsInternal Medicine Associates, 409 N Cedar St, Florence, AL
Dr. Ricky L Irons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Florence, AL.