Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rikesh R Desai
Dr. Rikesh R Desai, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Surprise, AZ, with another office in Sun City West, AZ. He has 20 years of experience. His specialties include Geriatric Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Desai is affiliated with Banner Del E Webb Medical Center. Dr. Desai has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Rikesh R Desai has the following 2 specialties
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Geriatric Medicine
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Urinary Incontinence
- EOL Care
- Cognitive Issues/Testing
Showing 5 of 18
Dr. Desai takes his time to answer all of my questions, he explains everything in detail. He will take the test that are necessary and doesn't waste time on medications that do not work. Dr. Desai is my go to doctor when I'm having medical issues. It took me a long time to find a good doctor and He's the best!
Dr. Desai has been my primary for two years. He's a busy doctor (it seems) so wait times can be lengthy. The average amount of time he spent with me is about five minutes, so I don't really feel I could get all of my concerns out. Office staff can be rude and cold, especially when calling for a same day appointment. Nurse practitioners in this office have neglected to return a very important phone calls as well. Overall, the doctor his self is comfortable to see, he's competent and caring, but he is also too busy and his office staff can definitely use an improvement.
Dr. Desai knocks then enters the room with a big smile and handshake. He is always dressed professionally and has the shiniest shoes of any male Dr. I have seen. He is concerned why you are there and can tell, on some visits, that you are very sick before you even say anything. There are times that he suggests that I see a particular Doctor for an additional opinion. It wasn't really necessary as he was correct with his own diagnosis. I feel very blessed to have found Dr. Desai approximately 5 years ago.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Desai is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
20 Years Experience
Medical College Baroda
Graduated in 1998
Conemaugh Valley Memorial Hospital
Dr. Rikesh R Desai accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health Banner Health Network HMO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net AZ HMO ExcelCare Network
- Health Net AZ PPO HSA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rikesh R Desai is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Surprise, AZ.