Dr. Riley J Williams III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Riley J Williams III?

I don’t even know where to start. I rue the day that I met Dr. Williams. He ruined my life. When I came to him, I had already had 3 knee surgeries and told him that I wanted a knee replacement. He denied it immediately saying I was too young. Instead he wanted to the bio uni oats procedure which is what he’s most popular for. He made the surgery seem like no big deal and told me I would be back doing things within 3 weeks… how misled I was. He was so unbelievably cocky and arrogant. Unfortunately, our relationship has been nothing but him misleading me and doing things without permission. This made my knee far worse than it was before I went into his office. First he told me that he was going to put new cartilage in my tibia and femur and specifically said how he was going to do that. When I woke up from the surgery he said he changed his mind. I would have never agreed to the surgery had I known he was going to go back on his word seeing as I had arthritis on both parts. In fact when he showed me the opp photos, the whole surgery seemed pointless since he replaced 10% of my knee with new cartilage, but there was still a good 50% with severe cartilage damage. A few weeks after the surgery he told me that he loosened up the ligaments on the medial side of my knee to “relieve pressure”. Well, somehow, I left surgery with a grade 3 mcl deficiency and now have no medial knee stability. Which means that his surgery only left me with another problem. I’ll have to get my MCL reconstructed in the next few months because of this. PS I’ve never had an mcl issue before this surgery. I also asked him if his surgery would impact me getting a knee replacement if it didn’t work. He said no it would not. Well, once it became obvious it wasn’t going to work I went to over 10 knee replacement doctors and they all said it was going to create a huge issue in doing the knee replacement. When I finally got it done, they had to use a femoral augment in the area in which he put the allograft. This will shorten the life of my knee replacement. Next, when I came to my office for my 8 week visit I told him that other knee replacement doctors were hesitant to operate because of the added complication. He told me to give it 6 more weeks and if I still was unhappy he would team up with a doctor to help replace it. After I patiently waited… and the only reason I waited to move forward… I reached out to him and he went back on his word. He only gave me a few names and essentially said this is your problem now. Liar. Lastly, after about 6 weeks post surgery he stopped answering any of my emails / messages. The reason being that I went to another doctor at HSS and complained about the persistent pain that was crippling me. Dr. Williams found out and went off on my in our next office visit. He has ignored me ever since and been extremely rude to me. Separate from the doctor, his staff is atrocious. Literally be prepared to want to pull your hair out after each phone call seeing as they are the rudest people you could possibly come across. They aren’t willing to help you, and they make you feel like an inconvenience every time you call. They treat you the same way most people treat bill collectors on the phone. I would do anything to go back in time and not have surgery with him. I haven't walked since his surgery and he stole my opportunity to have a successful knee replacement.

For several years I have had a separated shoulder which does not require any medical treatment to live a normal life. For a few months I have had a pain in my shoulder blade extending up to the base of my neck which caused migraines. I was told by another doctor the surgery would likely help and recommended it. I have had ACL replacement in the past and like most try to avoid surgery so I got a second opinion which was from Dr. Williams. Within 5 minutes Dr Williams identified the problem and touched the exact spot were the source of the issue was which was on the front of my shoulder which I had no idea was causing the issue. In the end he told prescribed physical therapy. This was almost a year ago and since then the issue has gone away and I do not have the pain in my shoulder blade anymore. In addition his staff was extremely friendly. I left forgetting a piece of paper work and the young lady ran to the elevator bank on a separate floor to get it to me.

Everything about the experience was great. Quick, efficient and very helpful staff. Dr. WIlliams immediately inspired confidence. Operation was smooth as was recovery and follow-up. I really haven't had a better professional services experience anywhere else for anything. Totally world-class soup to nuts.

HAPPY PATIENT

Extremely happy with appointment, they called my daughter in and I was not even done completing the forms (normally other doctors offices make you wait at least 30 after you complete the forms to call your name). Very accommodating, staff super friendly!!! Dr. Riley Williams was very professional and explained everything in detail regarding what to expect from operation.

Excellent. I've had two previous surgeries one shoulder. I should have went to him from the start. He found and repaired everything and knew what was going on while other doctors were refusing. Staff is friendly. The wait is not very long (per doctor appointment timeframes). He spends the necessary time with you explaining everything you need to know. Ask questions, he will have an answer. I'm shocked people had bad visits here. I just don't see it. I have and will continue to recommend Dr. Williams.

Great Doctor; Horrible Office Staff

Dr, Williams is a wonderful surgeon. He was able to give me options where other Doctors did not. I believe he has helped me avoid knee replacement for the next several years. His office staff gets a poor rating. I have had several experiences where I left messages for call back which have gone unanswered. I even referred a co-worker to Dr. Williams. This individual never received a call back.

Worst Dr. Staff I've Ever Experienced

After having surgery, I called and left message asking for help because I was experiencing nausea and vomiting. It took 3 additional calls and staying on the line to get an answer and some help. I had some follow up questions today (4 days after surgery) so I left 2 messages and did not receive a call back. In total, I left 6 messages and got one call back. The directions they give you at discharge is vague and useless.

office staff

Office staff is a bit rude when it comes to paying your co pay you could be talking to one of the staff members and the next one would cut you guys about a 5 dollar co payment will you trying to make your next appt

Good doctor, mediocre staff

Dr. Williams is great. Diagnosis is accurate but his office staff needs help. I've had to literally call more than 3 times for MANY issues in order to get a response. That shouldn't be occurring.He needs better receptionists and staff people to return phone calls & TEST RESULTS, urgent or not. Other patients of his have said the exact same thing.

This was my first visit; I had come for a second opinion. I had a conversation with a nurse practitioner before Dr Williams saw me so I felt that I received a thorough assessment. I am especially grateful that Dr. Williams found no reason for the surgery that my previous doctor recommended. He recommended a course of physical therapy and the office scheduled a follow up appointment before I left. Unlike the other physician, Dr. Williams and the nurse practitioner explained my condition thoroughly and took time to answer all my questions. I will continue to see him for this orthopedic condition. I highly recommend him.

Dr. Riley J Williams III is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New York, NY.