Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal has the following 21 expertise
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes Complications
- Pituitary Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Addison Disease
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- Weight Loss
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Thyroid Diseases
- Gland Issues
Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 40
Have been a patent for two years now and can never see doctor. It is always PA. Have serious issues with blood levels dropping and keep getting the run around with office staff; no appointments until November. Seem not to care. I have had to continue to emergency room with the same issue. My primary is waiting on assistance from endocrinologist to help us figure out what is going on...
Horrible. He might be okay if you're diabetic, but aside from the norm, forget about it. I went to him with parathyroid problems--high calcium, history of a kidney stone, bone pain, fatigue, low vitamin D. All the key indicators of hyperparathyroidism. Over the period of a year he kept running blood tests, urine tests, a bone scan, all of which continued to confirm this diagnosis. Yet, he refused to refer me to a surgeon to have the parathyroid tumor removed (the only way to treat the disease!). His suggestion--"keep hydrated." Seriously???! I continued to suffer. I finally gave up and sought another expert in the field and had the benign tumor removed. 4 months later my calcium levels are perfect and I'm back to my old self. The guy is a joke.
Hundal's a nice enough guy and an okay doctor. BUT his staff are nincompoops. I went to check out once and the lady told me, "oh, there's no co-pay; you have Medicare." But I don't. Okay, no big deal, right? Except on two occasions I left phone messages and never got a response. The first message I left because my A1C score was so low that I was afraid they'd pulled the wrong chart. Thud. No reply. The second unanswered message was more serious. I'd called to say that my insurance company was no longer going to support one of my meds, and I needed to know how we were going to deal with it. I waited two weeks to hear back, but again, no response. So I called and told the office manager the problem, and she said she couldn't comment because her "computer was down." I told her that she didn't need a computer to know that the situation was unacceptable. So she put me on hold and the next voice I heard was Dr. Hundal's. "We get lots of messages and I suppose one could get lost ." I reminded him that not one, but two of my messages went to Mars, and his office was a black hole where information disappears. "How would you like me to proceed?" he asked. I told him to make a copy of my chart for me to pick up, because I was firing him. Every word is true. Beware.
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Highmark Community Blue PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsRipudaman S Hundal Md, 1082 Old Churchmans Rd, Newark, DE
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal in this video.
Dr. Ripudaman S Hundal is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Newark, DE.