Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia (AML) Facts Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rita Hungate MD
Dr. Rita Hungate, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Galesburg, IL, with other offices in Peoria, IL and Chicago, IL (and 2 other locations). She has 30 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatric Radiology and Diagnostic Radiology. Dr. Hungate is affiliated with St Johns Hospital, Osf St Mary Medical Center and Kewanee Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Rita Hungate has 5 locations
411 Hamilton Blvd
Peoria, IL 61602
Dr. Rita Hungate has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Radiology
Pediatric radiologists specialize in using x-rays, MRIs, CT scans and ultrasounds to help provide the most accurate diagnosis to your child as possible. After they receive the image results, they work with your family physician or other specialist to give him or her a closer look at broken bones from an accident or recognize tumors, bleeding and infections that might be causing certain symptoms.
They focus on children as young as newborns and as old as teenagers and they have to be well-versed in the growth and development of children's bodies. This allows them to properly identify abnormalities at various ages and to work with your doctor on recommending the best treatment options.
- Diagnostic Radiology
Radiologists help doctors get a closer look at what’s happening inside your body. If your primary care doctor wants to investigate your symptoms further, they may refer you to a radiologist to get an ultrasound or x-ray. Some radiologists specialize in mammography and breast imaging, which is who you see when you need a mammogram. A Radiologist can also determine if bones are broken or fractured after any kind of accident.
Radiologists are trained to perform MRIs and CT scans, both of which are used to determine the presence of diseases or disorders and help your doctor properly diagnose you. They can detect anything from tumors, bleeding and infections to bone and muscle disorders.
Dr. Rita Hungate is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Hungate is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Johns Hospital
Osf St Mary Medical Center
Osf Saint Francis Medical Center
Riverside Medical Center
Osf Saint Francis Medical Center
30 Years Experience
Case Western Reserve University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Rita Hungate Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Rita Hungate's office for more information.
3315 N Seminary St Galesburg, IL : (309) 344-1000
114 W Stratford Dr Peoria, IL : (309) 740-4272
5200 Reliable Pkwy Chicago, IL : (309) 685-1054
401 SW Water St Peoria, IL : (309) 494-9320
411 Hamilton Blvd Peoria, IL 61602
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rita Hungate, MD - Pediatric Radiology in Galesburg, IL, in this video.
Dr. Rita Hungate is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Galesburg, IL.