Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons
Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Johnson City, TN. She has 26 years of experience. Her specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Treanor-Plemmons is affiliated with Johnson City Medical Center. Dr. Treanor-Plemmons has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 12
Saw doctor once, and she seemed nice. Later communication was with staff. Her nurse informed me that I needed a referral after testing came back abnormal. Referral was never provided, even after I called and reminded them to do it. I feel like I shouldn't have to hold their hand during the referral, so I tried to make an appointment with the specialist on my own. Well, the specialist won't see me without the referral. I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I feel like I am unimportant to the office. :o(
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2017)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2017)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Treanor-Plemmons is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
26 Years Experience
University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1992
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsWellmont Medical Associates, 316 Marketplace Dr, Johnson City, TN
Dr. Rita E Treanor-Plemmons is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Johnson City, TN.