Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetes Diabetes facts and the differences between the different types.
- Diabetic Hyperlipidemia Get all of the facts about diabetic hyperlipidemia.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- High Blood Pressure Facts about high blood pressure; its causes and complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Rita K Pradhan
Dr. Rita K Pradhan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Pomona, CA. She has 37 years of experience. Her specialties include Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and Internal Medicine. Dr. Pradhan is affiliated with Casa Colina Centers For Rehabilitation. Dr. Pradhan has received 2 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rita K Pradhan has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
An endocrinologist is a physician with extensive training in understanding, diagnosing and treating conditions related to the endocrine system. The endocrine system regulates the balance of hormones.
Conditions of the endocrine system involve an over-abundance, or deficiency of a certain hormone. While there is a range when it comes to the amount of a hormone that is deemed normal in a human, these specialists determine whether a person's amount of hormone is indicative of a health concern. Two conditions this specialist might treat are diabetes and obesity.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rita K Pradhan has the following 19 expertise
- Growth Disorders
- Lipid Metabolism Disorders
- Cushing Disease
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Metabolic Bone Diseases
- Adrenal Gland Diseases
- Diabetes, Type 2
- Addison Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Gland Issues
- Weight Loss
Dr. Rita K Pradhan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 31
Dr. Rita Pradhan was very nice and informative. However, the office staff was very hard to get hold of. I was referred to surgeon without any test report forwarded. The surgeon office, my primary doctor, and myself have been trying for days to get the test report with no success. What kind of practice is that ?
Do not go here under no circumstances! Not at all competent in thyroid conditions. Not sure where she got her credentials and her work is sloppy. This MD doesn't follow standard evidence-based practices for thyroid patients and she is not knowledgeable re: thyroid disorders and evidenced-based practices. Dr. Pradhan cannot answer basic, standard questions regarding thyroid conditions and recommends a thyroidectomy to all patients before even assessing them at all. MALPRACTICE and Incompetent.
Bridges to Excellence: Diabetes Care Recognition Program
Millions of Americans have some form of diabetes, and millions more cases are undiagnosed. To encourage more effective treatment and management, Bridges To Excellence® worked with diabetes experts to develop
NCQA Diabetes Recognition Program
NCQA developed the Diabetes Recognition Program (DRP) to provide clinicians with tools to support the delivery and recognition of consistent high quality care. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to their patients with diabetes.
Dr. Pradhan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
37 Years Experience
Dow Medical College
Graduated in 1981
Charles R Drew University
Dr. Rita K Pradhan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Aetna Whole Health PrimeCare OAMC CA
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select PPO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus Savenet
- Blue Shield CA Local Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Local Access + HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Trio ACO HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPrasad A Jeereddi Md, 1904 N Orange Grove Ave, Pomona, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rita K Pradhan, MD - Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism in Pomona, CA, in this video.
Dr. Rita K Pradhan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Pomona, CA.