Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rita A Schmid
Dr. Rita A Schmid, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Granger, IN. She has 12 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine. Dr. Schmid is affiliated with Drake Center, The Christ Hospital and Good Samaritan Hospital. Dr. Schmid has received 1 award. She speaks English.
Dr. Rita A Schmid has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Showing 5 of 19
I have been seeing Dr. Schmid and her partner Dr. Dye for over a year now and I have never trusted a primary care more. She works very well with my specialists and in addition to being thorough will admit when she isn't the most knowledgeable about a specific issue, and will refer you rather than risk your health by trying random treatments. She won't sugar coat what's going on and what you need to do, which is something I like but can be a turn off for others, but she also is very understanding with every issue I've come to her with and has always taken time to listen to me and offer me options. Sometimes it's not the easiest to get appointments but I have yet to wait more then 5 minutes to see the doctor, and she takes as much time as is needed, which in my opinion is a fair trade off. She also ensures her staff calls you with the results of every test she runs as soon as she gets the results, so there is no unnecessary waiting like with some doctors.
Dr. Schmid is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
12 Years Experience
Indiana University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2006
Dr. Rita A Schmid accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem IN Pathway X Bronze Direct CACA HIX
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- Ambetter from MHS HIX
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Encore Health Network
- Encore Health Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PHCS PPO
PHP Northern IN
- PHP Select with Encircle
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- Sagamore Plus
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGranger Family Medicine, 52500 Fir Rd, Granger, IN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rita A Schmid in this video.
Dr. Rita A Schmid is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Granger, IN.