Get the facts about skin cancer, including the different types and symptoms.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rita Sloan
Dr. Rita Sloan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Buffalo, NY, with another office in Orchard Park, NY. She has 31 years of experience. Her specialties include Allergy and Immunology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Sloan is affiliated with Mercy Hospital of Buffalo, Buffalo General Medical Center and Kaleida Health - DeGraff Memorial Hospital. Dr. Sloan has received 3 awards. She speaks English.
Dr. Rita Sloan has the following 2 specialties
- Allergy and Immunology
An allergy & immunology specialist is a physician who is specially trained in matters pertaining to chronic and acute allergies, as well as deficiencies of the immune system. The doctor will determine whether an allergy, which attacks our immune system, is present. They'll also determine the cause, whether it be environmental triggers like trees and pollen, food-borne like peanuts and dairy, the venom of insects like bees, or a medication like penicillin.
In addition to determining the allergen causing an immunological response in a patient, the specialist will treat the symptoms caused by the reaction.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Rita Sloan has the following 17 expertise
- Food Allergies
- Food Allergy (Hypersensitivity)
- Hay Fever
- Hay Fever (Seasonal Allergic Rhinitis)
- Hives (Urticaria)
- Latex Allergy (Latex Hypersensitivity)
- Nasal Allergies
- Nasal Allergy (Rhinitis)
- Watery Eyes
Dr. Rita Sloan is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 7
I have been to this office for family care, complete professionalism, thoroughness, and accuracy! I highly recommend this office!
NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
NCQA-architect of America's most popular patient-centered medical home model-has extended medical home concepts to specialists: NCQA Patient-Centered Specialty Practice Recognition. Now, specialty practices committed to access, communication and care coordination can earn accolades as the "neighbors" that surround and inform the medical home and colleagues in primary care.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Sloan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kaleida Health - DeGraff Memorial Hospital
Kaleida Health - Millard Fillmore Gates Hospital
Children`s Hospital of Buffalo
Women and Children's Hospital
Kaleida Health Children`s Hospital Of Buffalo
Womens and Childrens Hospital of Buffalo
31 Years Experience
University At Buffalo State University Of New York School Of Medicine & Biomedical Sciences
Graduated in 1986
Kaleida Health System
Dr. Rita Sloan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Rita Sloan in this video.
Dr. Rita Sloan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Buffalo, NY.