Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ritchie J Parrotta has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ritchie J Parrotta has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Dr. Ritchie J Parrotta has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 28
I cannot still believe that there are Doctors like this around ! He actually was my mother in laws Doctor and the care that he gave to her was outstanding!! When myself or my husband called to speak with him about my MIL he would actually get on the telephone. Have you ever heard of a Doctor that does that? Outstanding.
I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. I have been to his office a number of times. The office staff is very nice. I have to say, that my quickest appointment, from parking to driving away, was approximately 15-minutes. So, if you're looking for a jiffy, look no further; if you don't have a problem spending your co-pay in 10-minutes or less, Dr Parrotta is your guy. If you actually want a doctor to examine you and tell you his medical opinion, that he spent 8-years learning in medical school, keep searching. You will get more information from you computer, than you ever will from this man.He never reads my chart. He, verbatim, says the same exact things at all of my visits, no matter what my issue happens to be. He takes my blood; writes my prescription and sends me on my, 10-minutes or less, way.
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Parrotta is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Des Moines University
Graduated in 1983
Dr. Ritchie J Parrotta accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Elect Choice EPO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna NYC Community Plan
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP HMO
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Connecticare Flex Connecticut
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
MVP Health Plan
- MVP HMO
- MVP Preferred PPO
- MVP Premier Plus HMO Small Groups
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsWynantskill Family Medical Practice, 9 W Sand Lake Rd, Wynantskill, NY
Dr. Ritchie J Parrotta is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wynantskill, NY.