Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ritesh R Shah
Dr. Ritesh R Shah, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marietta, GA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Shah is affiliated with WellStar Kennestone Regional Medical Center and Emory University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Ritesh R Shah has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Heart Block
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Abdominal Pain
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Ulcerative Colitis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 12
AVOID!!! Rude, arrogant, obnoxious doctor. Spent two minutes with me, during which he scoffed at every question I had and told me I was downright stupid for doubting his holiness. This idiot is a pathetic excuse of a physician. I was charged over a THOUSAND bucks for "blood tests", and he got my diagnosis wrong in the end. Went to a different doctor, and he got the correct diagnosis without doing a single test. Two weeks later and I was cured. Ritesh is a joke. Stay away.
Absolute worst experience with a physician. As a new patient I was hoping he would spend some time with me to understand my complicated digestive issues. He spent approximately 4 minutes with me, during which he was extremely rude to me, raised his voice at me, basically told me I was stupid, and walked out on me. Oh, and his hol genius diagnosis was "IBS". I'm not sure if this guy went to medical school in a shed in Papua New Guinea, or if his head is just so big he can't fathom investigating an possible alternate diagnosis.
first and last visit - to Dr Shaw, saw me maybe 2 minutes and without exam said I had IBS without any testing. Was very insulting to me when I questioned his genius diagnosis.It's doctors like him that cost our heathcare so much. They are NOT worth a dime.(penny!!!! yet we still are charged for such phoney.
Dr. Shah is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
University Of Florida College Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Medical College Of Georgia
Dr. Ritesh R Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGi Specialists Of Georgia, 711 Canton Rd NE Ste 300, Marietta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Ritesh R Shah in this video.
Dr. Ritesh R Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marietta, GA.