Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- Pulmonary Embolism Facts about pulmonary embolism, including symptoms and risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ritsuko Komaki
Dr. Ritsuko Komaki, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. Her specialties include Radiation Oncology and Radiology. Dr. Komaki is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, University of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center and MD Anderson Cancer Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Ritsuko Komaki has the following 2 specialties
- Radiation Oncology
A radiation oncologist is a physician who specializes in the use of nuclear medicine in diagnosing and treating cancer in a patient.
These doctors work in concert with other cancer specialists in order to determine the best form of treatment for a specific patient. Radiation oncologists are in charge of determining the correct dose of radiation to be used in treatments like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, as well as the appropriate amount of time that radiation should be administered in order to maximize the therapeutic benefits.
A radiologist is a physician who specializes in the use of medical imaging to diagnose and treat illnesses or injuries in patients.
The different types of medical imaging are X-ray, computed tomography (CT) scans, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound, and nuclear medicine.
Radiologists are experts in these different types of tests and can advise a primary care doctor on which test is most appropriate in a specific case. These doctors also assist primary care doctors in analyzing the images produced by these tests in order to determine next steps necessary for treatment.
- Biological Therapy (Immunotherapy)
- Co-morbid Disorders
- Esophagus Cancer (Esophogeal Neoplasm)
- Lung Cancer
- Lung Cancer (Small Cell Carcinoma)
- Radiation Oncology
- Thymus Tumor (Thymoma)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr. Komaki is not just a clinician. She is a healer--and that is not just due to her vast experience with radiology. That is due to her sweet soul and her compassion. She has a way of reaching out to you and giving you hope. She fought our insurance company for proton therapy--and was more tenacious than any medical professional would be expected to be--calling them at nine pm for meetings, and providing reams of studies. She believes in her patients and fights for them. This is amazing in a world where five minute appts are the norm, and professional distance becomes disinterest. I trust Dr. Komaki--and have grown to just love her. We are blessed that she chose to change the world by fighting cancer.
Dr. Komaki is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center
University of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center
MD Anderson Cancer Center
St Marys Hospital
Dr. Ritsuko Komaki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsUniversity of Texas-M D Anderson Cancer Center, 1515 Holcombe Blvd, Houston, TX
Dr. Ritsuko Komaki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.