Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Ritu Atam
Dr. Ritu Atam, MD, BS, MBBS is a Doctor primarily located in Milford, CT, with other offices in Norwalk, CT and Stamford, CT (and 4 other locations). She has 18 years of experience. Her specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Atam is affiliated with Manchester Memorial Hospital, Rockville General Hospital and Baystate Medical Center. She speaks English.
Dr. Ritu Atam has 7 locations
605 West Ave
Norwalk, CT 06850
778 Long Ridge Rd
Stamford, CT 06902
79 Wawecus St
Norwich, CT 06360
229 Montowese St
Branford, CT 06405
100 Wason Ave
Springfield, MA 01107
56 Franklin St
Waterbury, CT 06706
Book Online Now
Dr. Ritu Atam has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Ritu Atam has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Ritu Atam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Dr. Atam is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Baystate Medical Center
18 Years Experience
Maulana Azad Medical College
Graduated in 1995
St Elizabeths Medical Center
Dr. Ritu Atam Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Ritu Atam's office for more information.
831 Boston Post Rd Milford, CT : (203) 783-1831
605 West Ave Norwalk, CT 06850
778 Long Ridge Rd Stamford, CT 06902
79 Wawecus St Norwich, CT 06360
229 Montowese St Branford, CT 06405
100 Wason Ave Springfield, MA 01107
56 Franklin St Waterbury, CT 06706
Locations & Directions
Dr. Ritu Atam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milford, CT.