Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ritu Chandak has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Personality Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Mood Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
DR RITU CHANDAK IS A FANTASTIC DOCTOR. SHE TREATS PATIENTS LIKE HUMAN BEINGS UNLIKE OTHER DOCTORS, SHE LISTENS PATIENTLY AND GENERATES CONFIDENCE IN THE PATIENT. I TRUST WHATEVER SHE WOULD SAY OR DO.. SHE IS A SIGN OF GREAT HOPE... AND DO HER BEST TO BRING OUT THE BEST OUTCOME FOR HER PATIENT. SHE IS A SENSITIVE DOCTOR TO HER PATIENTS... SHE GETS THE ENTIRE TEAM TO DO THEIR BEST FOR HER PATIENTS. - GOD BLESS YOU AS YOU CONTINUE DOING THIS VERY HUMANE SERVICE YOU DO. THANKYOU!!!
Dr. Chandak is the only psychiatrist I have ever encountered whom I did not want to strangle &/or request that his/her license be revoked. She was thorough, patient, respectful and not at all condescending, listened carefully to my questions, concerns & description of my situation and made thoughtful, responsive suggestions and also warned me of potential difficulties and pitfalls. I consider myself extraordinarily fortunate to have had Dr. Chandak assigned to me during my stay at the Christ Hospital Voluntary Psych Unit. And I think it is a terrible loss to me and other people who cannot find a psychiatrist who is actually helpful (or even just not detrimental) to patient's well-being, because she does not have a private practice outside the hospital.
Patients' Choice Award (2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
22 Years Experience
Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College
Graduated in 1996
Nassau University Medical Center
Dr. Ritu Chandak accepts the following insurance providers.
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsJersey City Medical Center, 355 Grand St, Jersey City, NJ
Dr. Ritu Chandak is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Jersey City, NJ.