Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki has the following 6 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
I have been a patient of Dr. Chitakki for about 19 years. I have referred family and friends to her numerous times. She is thorough and a good listener. I have never waited more than about 5 to 10 mins.....always seen quickly and very close to my appointment time. For me that is what I need in a doctor. Someone who understands that my time is as important as hers. Thanks Dr. Chitakki for the many many years of great service!!
I have been a patient of Dr. Chitakki for the past six years and she never disappoints. She is professional , caring, thorough in her examinations and explanations, goes above and beyond to render care to her patients, and sees her patients on time. As a matter of fact, I never get a chance to read any of the magazines because I am seen on time. Dr. Chitakki is absolutely the best family physician!
I was referred to Dr. Ritu Chitakki thru a friend. I was constantly looking for a doctor who will spend time with you and talk. Dr. Chitakki is the one. She has shown genuine concern for me and this is the type of experience I want my daughter to have. I referred her to this doctor as well and we both love our doctor.
Patients' Choice Award (2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Chitakki is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
24 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1994
Franklin Square Hospital Center
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Optimum Choice Preferred POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsDr Ritu Chitakki Md Llc, 3450 Laurel Fort Meade Rd Ste 207, Laurel, MD
Dr. Ritu M Chitakki is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Laurel, MD.