Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Rizwan A Khan
Dr. Rizwan A Khan, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Brooklyn, NY. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Khan is affiliated with Suny Downstate Medical Center and NYU Lutheran Medical Center. Dr. Khan has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Rizwan A Khan has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
Showing 2 of 2
I have found Dr. Khan to be an excellent physician, and a very caring individual. He has given me some of the best care I have ever had from a physician. He is extremely thorough, knowledgeable, and will take the time needed to answer all my questions.His office staff, from the physician's asst to the receptionist, is also very knowledgeable. The office is run efficiently and friendly.
Patients' Choice Award (2013)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Khan is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Universita Cattolica Del Sacro Cuore
Graduated in 1991
Dr. Rizwan A Khan accepts the following insurance providers.
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsWoodhull Medical & Mental Health Center, 760 Broadway, Brooklyn, NY
Dr. Rizwan A Khan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Brooklyn, NY.