Dr. Rob G Parrish Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Rob G Parrish?

Have had 2 surgeries with Dr. Parrish- brain aneurysm and back surgery. both excellent results. He personally makes referral appointments that are only a day or two away. Staff very helpful and friendly. DR. Parrish is a very caring person.

Unfortunately, my experience was not that good.

Went to see Dr. Parrish about 10 months ago; after numerous tests, other doctor appointments, and more tests we finally got in to see him about two months ago. I was talked to like I was a child. Every question I asked was the same reply, "QUIT SMOKING!". Said he wouldn't see me until I had been tobacco free for a minimum of two months. His answer to everything was QUIT SMOKING! I never got in a word. He knew I smoked when I first went in, why didn't he tell me that up front? It was on my chart and I had a pack in my shirt. So he wastes 8 months of our lives and I am in excruciating pain, eating narcotics like Skittles, with stenosis. I go back to my PC and tell him I had no use for the man, let's go a different direction and he sends me to Dr. Arthur Day. 10 days later I had the surgery and am finally getting some, a lot, of relief. I want to thank Dr. Parrish for treating me like an a**hole and forcing me to another doctor. Dr. Day sat down with my wife and I and showed us what the problem was and how it could be fixed. He told us that the problem was common in men of advanced age but was an easy fix.. Dr. Dsy spent about two hours with my wife and I, explaining everything in layman's terms and assured us I'd be on my feet in no time. So true. Thank you Dr. Parrish for pushing me towards a doctor that really cared.

Poor diagnostician, horrible skills.

Run the other way. He destabilized my spine.

Outstanding Doctor and Surgeon

I want to just touch base on a previous review. Dr. Parrish is a very caring and straightforward doctor and surgeon (I state both because I want to explain what he did for me.) Initially I had gone to Dr. Parrish for a herniated disc and severe stenosis, L4-L5. I had been seeing a Pain Management doctor and wanted to get a 2nd opinion, and Dr. Parrish was highly recommended. The first thing he did was re-order another MRI because the previous one was 10 months old. The MRI showed the herniation and stenosis, but also showed another abnormality, one that ended up being a severe infection, and subsequently cancer. Immediately upon receiving the full MRI report Dr. Parrish ordered a thorough Pre-Op work-up, and when my blood test results came back showing my White Blood Cells over 50k, I was immediately hospitalized at Methodist for possible leukemia and/or lymphoma. This transpired over the weekend (I was hospitalized on Saturday night) and initially I was told by the Oncologist at Methodist that I did not have cancer. Upon visiting me first thing Monday morning, Dr. Parrish did not accept the initial diagnosis, they said I had C-Diff. That afternoon Dr. Parrish ordered another MRI w/ contrast and was in my room at 5am Tuesday morning and said that he was going to perform my surgery that day, which ended up not being until after 9pm. His persistence and quick action led me to being properly diagnosed with CML. Unfortunately due to my CML and the infection I had, my back never properly healed and he had to perform the same surgery approximately 6 weeks later, at no fault to him. He always took the time to answer questions from both my wife and I. He also is a straight-shooter, which I like, because he came right out and said "you need to lose weight and stop the tobacco now." I was not the easiest patient, but if it wasn't for Dr. Parrish, I don't know where I would be today. That is why I wanted to emphasis both, doctor (for not buying into the other doctor's diagnosis) and surgeon (both surgeries went smoothly and no complications.) He does care about his patients, but a lot people don't like hearing the truth. Outstanding doctor and I would recommend him to anybody!

Chiari Malformation, Cerebellar Ptosis

Very good listener. Does a thorough exam. . Efficient office staff. Superior surgeon. Most confident physician I ever met.

nice until something goes wrong

he was nice through the procedure, but when there were several complications afterwards he became impatient and disinterested. He doesn't have time for you if you're not a textbook case. He also says he'll do something, then back out of it. He can't be trusted. I think it's time for retirement.

BEST surgeon!! Reason I'm okay today!!

Dr. Rob Parrish is a great doctor. He answers questions/concerns you may have and spends enough time with you for QA. Based on the reviews, they are true. I trusted his expertise and had a great success from surgery. Surgery was quick and was able to leave hospital within several hours after recovery room.

office

Dr. Parrish very good doctor highly rocommend him for back fusion. But far as his office personnel I would not recommend them.Very rude will not call you back not concern with your needs.

successful craniotomy

Dr Parrish successfully removed a 5cm cyst and benign meningioma from my Mom's brain. She is recovering nicely with no ill effects. He's always extremely busy, but once he's in the room he took the time to explain the procedure and answer all the questions we had. I'm glad my Mom was in such good hands.

Shannon Marquardt

Dr Parrish is absolutely the best neurosurgeon in Houston. I've undergone 2 surgeries....an initial ACD..then he had to subsequently remove a couple of screws. He knows exactly what he's doing and works with a great organization (Methodist). His entire staff is great and I would recommend him to anyone.

Dr. Rob G Parrish is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.