Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Rob Andrews has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Rob Andrews has the following 5 expertise
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Birth Control
- Substance Abuse
Showing 5 of 11
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rob Andrews - Posted on March 8th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rob Andrews - Posted on June 21st, 2016
I was recommended to this doctor since I had a tumor in my abdomin. Went to his office where he went over all my scans, explained all the things that would be involved since he wasn't sure what tumor was attached to. He made me feel very confident, he was so willing to explain everything that could be involved with the surgery. He told me he would get a team together who would all be in operating room to assist in the operation. He made me comfortable, told me when I got home if I had any questions to call him. He called me at home gave me date of surgery and really made me feel I was in good hands! Day of surgery he made me feel not so nervous, surgery is over, tumor totally removed, bedside manner was wonderful, couldn't be happier, highly recommend this doctor! When staples were removed both surgeons took them out and took time to go over how to recuperate, was not rushed out of office! Office staff was also great!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rob Andrews - Posted on October 10th, 2014
raves for rob!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Rob Andrews - Posted on April 21st, 2010
I don't have enough words of praise for Dr. Andrews work.He is extremely professional but one of his best qualities is that he LISTENS to his patients.Dr. Jones was very lucky to have a fellow like this under him.I did tell Rob one day that he was going to be the best kind of dr.that there is,and he is surely on his way.Thanks for all you did for me,you were always there when I needed you.
19 Years Experience
University Of Illinois College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1999
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Rob Andrews is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New York, NY.