Learn about the symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- Overactive Bladder Facts about overactive bladder (OAB): risk factors, symptoms & causes.
- Prostate Cancer Get the facts about prostate cancer, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Light
Dr. Robert A Light, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Urology. Dr. Light is affiliated with Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center, Methodist Hospital and CHI St. Luke's Health - Baylor St. Luke's Medical Center. Dr. Light has received 4 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Light has the following 1 specialty
A urologist is a physician who specializes in diagnosing and treating conditions affecting the male reproductive system, as well as the urinary tracts of both males and females.
These doctors cover the kidneys, ureter, urinary bladder, adrenal glands, urethra, and the male reproductive organs which include the testes, epididymis, vas deferens, seminal vesicles, prostate and penis. Some common disorders that urologists treat are urinary tract infections (UTI), stress incontinence, benign prostatic hyperplasia, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction, kidney cancer, prostate cancer, testicular cancer, and cystitis. These urological specialists also perform vasectomies and vasectomy reversals.
- Transurethral Prostactectomy (TURP)
- Erectile Dysfunction (ED)
- Impotence (Vasculogenic Impotence)
- Urologic Emergencies
- Kidney Stones
- Penile Implantation
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Bladder Issues
- Prostate Diseases (Prostatic Diseases)
- Male Circumcision
- Prostate Cancer
- Urinary Incontinence
- Urinary Bladder Cancer
- Prostate Cancer (Prostatic Neoplasm)
- Overactive Urinary Bladder
- Sexual Dysfunction (Physiological)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2013, 2014, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016, 2015, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Top 10 Doctor - Neighborhood (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Light is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
University Of Texas Medical Branch School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
University Of Texas Health System
Dr. Robert A Light accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana Houston HMOx
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHouston Metro Urology, 4223 Richmond Ave Ste 100, Houston, TX
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Light in this video.
Dr. Robert A Light is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.