Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Maxwell Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Critical Care Medicine
Also sometimes referred to as intensivists, critical care specialists are physicians with specialized training in the diagnosis and management of life-threatening conditions. Some of these conditions affect vital organs like the heart and lungs, those that make breathing difficult or impossible, and those that affect entire organ systems, like the renal system.
Critical care specialists are typically found in a hospital's intensive care unit where they monitor patients with life-threatening conditions and make determinations as to the best course of treatment.
Showing 5 of 29
Had it not been for Dr. Maxwell I would not be alive today. His skill not only as a surgeon but managing a team of surgeons and giving them his skills and knowledge. He is more than just a Doctor, he is a rare one that has the beside manner of the old family Dr. who use to come in the middle of the night and take care of the family. He should receive the Nobel Prize for Medicine. He is that qualified.
i'm 44 and underwent a surgical procedure at another hospital and developed serious complications. i was placed on a ventilator and transferred to erlanger in a medical induced coma and diagnosed with a duodenal stump leak, pneumonia and numerous other complications. i subsequently went into respiratory arrest and my abdomen was filled with necrosis which led to infections throughout my body. dr. maxwell literally saved my life and his concern was genuine. i can't thank dr. maxwell enough for what he did for me. i know that God touched dr. maxwell's hands.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
26 Years Experience
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Graduated in 1992
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Dr. Robert A Maxwell Jr accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS TN Blue Network E
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsUniversity Surgical Associates, 979 E 3rd St Ste 300, Chattanooga, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Maxwell Jr in this video.
Dr. Robert A Maxwell Jr is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chattanooga, TN.