Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Nussbaum MD
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Alexandria, VA. He has 33 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology. Dr. Nussbaum is affiliated with Inova Fairfax Hospital, Fort Belvoir Community Hospital and Virginia Hospital Center. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum has the following 10 expertise
- Hepatitis C
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Abdominal Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 20
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Nussbaum - Posted on February 7th, 2018
Very very rude. Did not listen yo my complaints. Only spent 10 kind eith me. He said it was all in my head. I felt tyzhed. He talked to me like I was a child. I left office crying. Do not go yo him. I'm leaving reviews on yelp as well. He said my results in blood and cat scan was fine. He said I ezdted his time. Made me feel uneasy during my exam too. I told him I wanted second opinion fue yo pain and vomiting. And he said I don't know why you would.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Nussbaum - Posted on October 12th, 2016
I have been seeing Dr. Nussbaum for many years for an on going health issue. He has been great. He is very detail oriented and took the time to explain to me my medical conditions. Dr. Nussbaum also took the time to explain to me my treatment options. Since I have been under his care, I have my health issues under control. I would highly recommend his services!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Nussbaum - Posted on March 14th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Nussbaum - Posted on November 4th, 2015
Still having problems...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Nussbaum - Posted on October 6th, 2015
Dr. Nussbaum is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
33 Years Experience
Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of New York University
Graduated in 1986
George Washington University Hospital
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CareFirst Maryland POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry - Bon Secours Tier 2
- Coventry - Southside Tier 2
- Coventry DE PPO
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- Coventry Virginia - HMO
- First Health PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Optima Health OptimaFit Direct HMO
- Optima Vantage HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsROBERT ALAN NUSSBAUM MD, 6355 Walker Ln Ste 309, Alexandria, VA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Nussbaum, MD - Gastroenterology in Alexandria, VA, in this video.
Dr. Robert A Nussbaum is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Alexandria, VA.