Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Perlmutter
Dr. Robert A Perlmutter, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Hills, CA. He has 56 years of experience. His specialties include General Practice. Dr. Perlmutter is affiliated with Northridge Hospital Medical Center and Encino Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Perlmutter has the following 1 specialty
- General Practice
A general practitioner is similar to a family practitioner in that they treat patients of all ages with a variety of health concerns. These doctors treat everyday ailments, some acute and chronic diseases, and also provid health checkups, physicals, inoculations and preventative care.
General practitioners differ from family practitioners because they are not required to complete an additional residency in family medicine after completing their medical school residency. Like family practitioners, general practitioners will also provide referrals to patients who are in need of a specialist.
Showing 5 of 8
I made this doc my primary care physician as he was in the neighborhood. My first visit & first impression the office made, I felt like leaving his office right away but gave it a shot thinking I could be wrong. The office staff is rude, and was mostly on their cell phones texting etc and when asked a question had to wait until they were done playing with their phones. The doctor itself wasn't rude to me, but didn't seem to care much about the patients health or why the patient was there. I called the office more than 8 times asking for results of the tests they did, no one seem to be interested in returning a phone call. No follow ups, no courtesy calls. They just do the tests they want when you visit the office so they can claim money from the insurance. Don't go there!
I chose this Dr. because he's near my home. After the first visit I totally regretted it. He's like 80 yrs old, when I asked him a question he would yell at me and tell me to wait til he finished talking. I continued to visit his office patiently to get my diabetes controlled but i dreaded every visit. There was not a visit in where he didn't yell at me and show no respect. I am no longer a patient of his.
I was a patient of Dr Perlmutter years ago, but left to seek another Dr when it was obvious Dr. Perlmutter cared little about me as a patient. My mother still sees him, and unfortunately dealing with him on her behalf is a horrible experience. He can be rude, condescending, impatient, and verbally abusive. I don't know how he stays in practice. My mother is afraid to switch doctors, as he told her that if she went to seek a second opinion, he would drop her as a patient. No beside manner at all.
Dr. Perlmutter is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
56 Years Experience
University Of California Irvine School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1962
Dr. Robert A Perlmutter accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
- UHC SignatureValue Flex1
- UHC SignatureValue Flex2
- UHC SignatureValue Focus
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsCanoga Park Medical Group, 7301 Medical Center Dr Ste 405, West Hills, CA
Dr. Robert A Perlmutter is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Hills, CA.