Chronic Dry Eye
Get the facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms and doctors who treat this condition.
- Chronic Dry Eye Facts about chronic dry eye, including the causes, symptoms & doctors.
- Contact Lens Care A complete overview of contact lenses.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Macular Degeneration Get the facts about macular degeneration.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Petersen MD
Dr. Robert A Petersen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Boston, MA, with another office in Lexington, MA. His specialties include Ophthalmology. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Petersen has 2 locations
Dr. Robert A Petersen has the following 1 specialty
An ophthalmologist has the training to do much more than just prescribe glasses. They are physicians specially trained to diagnose and treat disorders of the eyes and vision. These doctors are experts on the complicated anatomy of the eye and are trained to treat eye diseases through both medical and surgical methods.
Some common conditions that ophthalmologists treat are cataracts, glaucoma, strabismus, diabetic retinopathy, macular degeneration and amblyopia. In addition, ophthalmologists can provide prescriptions for eye glasses and contact lenses and perform LASIK surgery and other corrective surgeries for refractive errors like myopia (near-sightedness), hyperopia (far-sightedness), astigmatism and presbyopia.
Dr. Robert A Petersen has the following 18 expertise
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
- Retinal Disorders
- Macular Degeneration
- Endoscopy (Endoscopic Surgery)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Eye Pain
- Eye Exam
- Lazy Eye (Amblyopia)
- Lasik Surgery
- Retinopathy of Prematurity
- Eye Cancer
- Vision Issues
Dr. Robert A Petersen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Petersen - Posted on August 30th, 2015
- Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Dr. Robert A Petersen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue Select
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim ElevateHealth HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Petersen, MD - Ophthalmology in Boston, MA, in this video.
Dr. Robert A Petersen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Boston, MA.