Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Pike
Dr. Robert A Pike, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Ramon, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Anesthesiology. Dr. Pike is affiliated with Novato Community Hospital, San Ramon Regional Medical Center and Sutter Delta Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Pike has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
Dr. Robert A Pike has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Robert A Pike is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Robt. Pike was everything you would want from you anesthesiologist. He came early to the preop and talked to me to get to know me. He wanted to know if I had any worries etc. He really put me at ease about being knocked out for at least 7hrs. Im 76 years old and that in its self can be unsettling. When he left for the op room i felt like we were friends and I knew he would take good care of me.NO WORRIES FOR SURE..
Dr. Pike is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
41 Years Experience
University Of Connecticut School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1977
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Robert A Pike accepts the following insurance providers.
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
Locations & DirectionsMedical Anesthesia Consultants, 2420 Camino Ramon Ste 270, San Ramon, CA
Dr. Robert A Pike is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Ramon, CA.