Binge Eating Disorder
Get the facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms, causes and related conditions.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Schulman has the following 2 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Dr. Robert A Schulman has the following 4 expertise
- Acute Pain
- Cancer Pain
- Chronic Pain
Dr. Robert A Schulman has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Robert A Schulman is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
I initially went to see Dr. Schulman after a colleague had recommended him to me for his use & knowledge of "out of the box" thinking. The highlight of the visit is the length of time that he spends with each patient -- he is is thorough and detailed. Although, keep in mind, every patient is most definitely paying for this "luxury" at a very high premium. He's a true believer in the power of alternative medicine, almost to a fault. Dr. Schulman will get frustrated and even upset if his acupuncture or other therapies fail to yield any results. He simply insists that the patient isn't working hard enough or that they aren't coming frequently enough to notice any difference. After months, I think he actually began to resent me because I wasn't responding to his treatment - despite an incredible amount of time (>3 hours in total per week) and cost (>$20,000). At the point at which I stopped going - there were absolutely no permanent results that could be seen. While I hope that my situation is rare amongst his patients, it did seem that his regular patients had been there for a very long time (in much the same way a chiropractor hooks their patients in almost for life). One of the other frustrating things about this practice is the ever-present complaints about how much he's being paid. And make no mistake, he keeps account of every dollar that is billed. While (I think) most doctors prefer not to know the differences between what each patient pays them - for fear of such knowledge may skew their treatment decisions - Dr. Schulman is almost fixated on this as he relishes in the largess of owning such a boutique style practice. As I said, i hope my experience with this practice was unique - but from the others I've spoken to recently - it seems that is more of the norm than an exception.
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
27 Years Experience
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Graduated in 1991
New York Presbyterian Hospital
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsGerald Joseph Camarata Md, 95 Montgomery Dr Ste 120, Santa Rosa, CA
Dr. Robert A Schulman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Santa Rosa, CA.