Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Sylvester has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Psoriatic Arthritis
- Hip Osteoarthritis
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
Dr Sylvester has taken care of me,my husband and our daughter over many years. We could not sak for a more informed and caring doctor !!! Always willing to listen to our fears but we managed to have a smile when leaving his office.We felt Dr Sylvester did more in depth testing than any other Dr has done before. We miss you here in Lewiston.Love ya !!!!
i WILL START OFF BY SAYING THE OFFICE STAFF MESS THINGS UP BAD,NEVER LET PRIMARY DOCTOR OF RESULTS/[HAD AN MRI THEY NEVER CALLED ME TO TELL ME RESULTS ]] SOMETIMES WAIT 2 HOURS TO BE SEEN .I WAS TOLD BY STAFF THE DOCTOR TELLS THEM TO OVER BOOK.WHEN WENT FOR MRI THEY NEVER GOT ORDERS .I HAD TO WAIT AT THE MRI PLACE ONE HALF HOUR WHILE THEY CONTECTED THEM. I HAD TO GO SEE MY PRIMERY DOCTOR FOR RESULTS OF MRI,WHICH WAS BAD NEWS...[[[NEVER GO THERE IF YOU DO YOU WILL KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING..........
- University Of Medicine And Dentistry Of New Jersey Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
Moffitt Hospital University Of Ca
Dr. Robert A Sylvester accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Choice PPO - ME
- Anthem HMO Maine
- Anthem Pathway - ME
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- UHC Navigate POS
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVenkatram Nethala Md, 146 Academy St Ste 1B, Presque Isle, ME
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Sylvester in this video.
Dr. Robert A Sylvester is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Presque Isle, ME.