Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert A Watson III MD
Dr. Robert A Watson III, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Abington, PA, with another office in Abington, PA. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Watson is affiliated with Hahnemann University Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert A Watson III has 2 locations
1235 Old York Rd Ste 222
Abington, PA 19001
1200 Old York Rd Fl 5
Abington, PA 19001
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert A Watson III has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert A Watson III has the following 13 expertise
- Heart Block
- Heart Attack
- Blood Clot
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Failure
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Heart Diseases
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- High Cholesterol
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Watson III - Posted on November 23rd, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Watson III - Posted on July 18th, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Watson III - Posted on June 24th, 2016
Dr. Watson is an exceptional cardiologist. His calming demeanor is appreciated especially since most times we are worried about the symptoms we are experiencing. He is extremely knowledgeable and does not over react by ordering drugs before trying to alleviate the problem naturally. He spends as much as needed to answer all your questions and concerns.He is an excellent diagnostician and saved the life of my father when he was at the end! My dad is now 89 years old! I Would recommend him to anyone who needs a competent caring physician. Dr. Watson makes you feel important which is a trait that is missing in many healthcare practices.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Watson III - Posted on June 20th, 2016
Dr. Watson is wonderful
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert A Watson III - Posted on June 6th, 2016
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Castle Connolly Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Watson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
36 Years Experience
University Of Louisville School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Hahnemann University Hospital
Dr. Robert A Watson III Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Capital Blue Cross
- Capital BC PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica HMO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- IBC Keystone HMO POS
- IBC Personal Choice PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert A Watson III, MD - Cardiovascular Disease in Abington, PA, in this video.
Dr. Robert A Watson III is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Abington, PA.