Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert A Williams has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Depressive Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
Showing 5 of 17
I have been seeing Dr. Williams many years and would not trust anyone else with my mental health. He is extremely knowledgeable and will explain your condition to you thoroughly and understandably. He also considers all your conditions/issues and all options when prescribing drugs. He provides individualized care and is without a doubt one of the kindest, most caring doctors I've ever seen. His staff is also friendly and helpful. This is a physician worthy of your trust.
Dr Williams is what one would call a scholarly doctor. He quotes passages from his book "Brain Basics" and other books. He has an unexplained fear of Medicare and will not take anyone on Medicare even if you have been with him for years. I found out a way to get around it and part of the issue was his staff which leaves a lot to be desired. I am a very proactive person, so for me Dr Williams is perfect. Ii come in with a list of questions and reference material. He isn't good for just anyone YOu need to bring someone with you to advocate for you. I have been seeing Dr Williams for many years and for me he is perfect. He is very caring, a bit eccentric but in the end, a good problem solver and not influenced my money
Dr. Williams is the best Psychiatrist I have ever known (and I've known a bunch.) He now sees my wife and one of my kids and I recommend him every chance I get. He's atypical in that he spends a great deal of time studying the problem and he does not just try to maximize his fees by seeing you unnecessarily.I love this doctor! If you can get in to see him, do yourself a favor and do it!
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2016, 2014)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
- Baylor College Of Medicine
Baylor College Of Medicine
Dr. Robert A Williams accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBiological Psychiatry, 5133 N Central Ave Ste 107, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Robert A Williams is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.