More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Achtel
Dr. Robert Achtel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Yuba City, CA. He has 46 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatrics. Dr. Achtel is affiliated with Rideout Memorial Hospital, Mercy General Hospital and Sutter Roseville Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Achtel has the following 2 specialties
- Pediatric Cardiology
Pediatric cardiologists are pediatricians with additional, specialized, training in the heart health of your children. When infants are born with congenital heart disease or abnormal hearts, pediatric cardiologists get involved as soon as possible — sometimes before the child is even born.
Through specific testing, they can diagnose the problem and care for the child throughout their treatment, which could range from medication to surgery and transplants. Other heart conditions they treat include arrhythmias, heart murmurs, holes in the heart and viral infections that affect blood flow.
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Congenital Heart Disease (Patent Ductus Arteriosus)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 8
The wait time for lab test results can be interminable and requires numerous phone calls. This is an important issue because our child is fragile and requires frequent montioring of coudamin levels. We have literally waited days for results...and instead of waiting, corrective dietary and dosage measures could have been taken.
Dr. Achtel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Rideout Memorial Hospital
Mercy General Hospital
Sutter Roseville Medical Center
St. Joseph's Medical Center of Stockton
Methodist Hospital of Sacramento
Sutter General Hospital
St. Dominic's Hospital
Sutter Davis Hospital
Mercy San Juan Medical Center
Tahoe Forest Hospital District
Fremont Medical Center
Sutter Medical Center- Sacramento
Sutter Medical Center
Sutter Medical Network
Sutter North Medical Group
Sutter Medical Foundation
Sutter North Medical Foundation
Stanford Medical Center
46 Years Experience
University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1967
Yale University School Of Medicine
Dr. Robert Achtel accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions440 Plumas Blvd, Yuba City, CA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert Achtel in this video.
Dr. Robert Achtel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Yuba City, CA.