Dr. Robert Ahmed Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert Ahmed?

Never Again

Posted on March 20th, 2017

I was referred by GYN after my laparoscopic myomectomy to see a general surgeon regarding a separate issue that my GYN found in surgery. It was very easy to get an appointment with this provider. The front end staff were very polite and professional. Dr. Ahmed, was very kind and has very good beside manner he set me up on a 6 week plan( OTC rx , etc) and wanted me to come back in 6 weeks to see if the regimen he suggested worked in the mean time he was going to get my records from INOVA and my GI Dr. 6 weeks later, I came back. The MA seemed confused as to why I was there, asking a lot of questions stating I was to follow up with my PCP. I told her that Dr. Ahmed requested that I FU in 6 weeks after I've taken 6 wks of the OTC rx . The MA seemed confused , now enters Dr. Ahmed. Dr. Ahmed had no recollection of the treatment plan he gave me, he had not reached out to my GI doctor he had not gotten my test results from INOVA and was scrambling to get this information as I sat in the exam room on the verge of tears. We went over my issues again, and he was telling me that I was still in my postop w/my gyn and that she should take care of it. I had to reiterated that my GYN requested that I see a general surgeon and I showed him pictures of the issue again. He provided me with a script to get diagnostic imaging done and told me to follow up once completed. I left this appointment complete dissatisfied and upset. . I am not sure if there was a system error or if he just forgot to dictate my note in a timely fashion or what but after this experience I cannot recommend Dr. Ahmed to anyone.

Posted on March 15th, 2017

I had to have emergency surgery recently and Dr. Ahmed was my surgeon. I found his manner to be calm, friendly, but also refreshingly direct. His follow-up with me was equally pleasurable. I'm glad I was in his hands for this sudden and urgent surgery.

Thankful Patient.

Posted on October 15th, 2015

I avoided hernia surgery for years due to fear of doctors needles etc. If you are this type of person.....THIS IS YOUR MAN!!!!!!!! Thank You Dr Ahmed

Posted on November 20th, 2014

Dr Ahmed is a great doctor. I trust him. He has preformed two surgeries on me without any complications. Not only is he very talented and experienced but he also has a great bedside manner. He is very knowledgeable and took time to answer all my many questions. After the first surgery I had some questions about getting my insurance company to cover the anesthesiologist. Dr Ahmed was super helpful and even offered make a call to help me resolve the issue.

Posted on March 2nd, 2012

Dr. Ahmed has performed three separate surgeries on me to date, and there have been no problems, complications, or issues.

Consistently excellent

Posted on April 27th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Ahmed for nearly 20 years. Throughout, he has been consistently professional, thorough, accurate, and personable. With diagnosis, he is cautious and realistic, but does not cause unnecessary alarm. He's conservative in his approach ... not too quick to operate. I have a real sense that he has my best interests at heart. His surgical stitching is so neat that my other doctors have remarked they cannot even see where the incisions were.

Posted on November 22nd, 2017