Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert F Alexander has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Chest Infection
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Angiographic Visualization
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 6
So disappointing .. was recommended...but a bad experience.No prior history of allegeries,sinus prblms,lung issues,nonsmoker..I'd been seeing a diff pulmonary group for almost a year, could not get a fix for my grn phelgm in lungs daily. issue. I don't know if he thought I was a bluffing or what, he had all the records from other docs ... but absolutely wrong on the diagnosis (GERD) which had already been dismissed/ruled out by the ENT and gastroenteroligist 10 months be4. Just blew me off- didn't run a sputum sample(of my dark green phlegm- which was ongoing for a year daily), dismissed the low grade fever I ran daily for months.. wrote me a script to fix GERD. Well, I found a doc to run a sputum sample (finally- a non pulmonolgist)- and for over I year i'd had a major fungal infection in my lungs.. just what I kept saying.. noone listens or can think outside the box I guess. But common sense shud have told them if the meds they all tried failed u had to do a sputum sample to determine if viral,bacterial or fungal..This is scary if this is whatrs going on in medical communtity..I can't express how frustrated & furious I am at the pulmonologists I saw for over a year, them NOT running a sputum sample to actually find out what I had and stop it. Now I have to deal with the fallout to try to get it cured and physical damage caused..
33 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Bellevue Hospital Center
Dr. Robert F Alexander accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
HIP of NY
- Emblem HIP Select PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER2
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert F Alexander is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Randolph, NJ.