Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Altmeyer
Dr. Robert Altmeyer, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Wheeling, WV, with another office in Wheeling, WV. He has 38 years of experience. His specialties include Pulmonary Disease. Dr. Altmeyer is affiliated with Wheeling Hospital, Reynolds Memorial Hospital and Ohio Valley Medical Center. Dr. Altmeyer has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Altmeyer has the following 1 specialty
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
Dr. Robert Altmeyer has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Robert Altmeyer has 2 board certified specialties
Dr. Robert Altmeyer is Board Certified in 2 specialties
Showing 5 of 7
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Altmeyer is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Reynolds Memorial Hospital
Ohio Valley Medical Center
East Ohio Regional Hospital
Belmont Community Hospital
Ohio Valley Med Ctr, Wheeling, Wv
Wheeling Hospital, Wheeling, Wv
38 Years Experience
West Virginia University
Graduated in 1975
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert Altmeyer is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Wheeling, WV.