Dr. Robert J Amato Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Robert J Amato?

In 1994 dr. Amato was my oncologist at MD Anderson. It was very patient with me and I am still alive and I would just like to tell him hello my name is Ben Witte. I live in Austin Texas

Active and Committed

DR. Robert. Amato is a rare gem when it comes to doctors. He is an absolutely astounding physician, a wonderful personality, easy to talk to, exceptional oncology knowledge. He is just amazing wonderful man. There is Usually a long wait in the waiting room to get in to see him, but he is well worth the wait. His patients love him.

Extremely bright young oncologist experienced in many clinical trials, empathetic staff delivering hope

Miraculous Dr/person/friend

Incredible-husband given 6 mo, Dr Amato gave him 6 more YEARS to live and know his 3 children at the tender age of 2,5,8. Dr. Amato is a kindered soul with passion for his work and patients,exceptional knowledge in his expertise and spot on with his drive to find cures

Now you see him, now you don't

Recommend doing research to determine why his research clinic at Methodist was shut down. Suspect regulatory issues.When treatments stopped working, he did a disappearing act.

Dedicated Caring Oncologist

My husband is a long time patient of Dr. Amato. Dr. Amato has dedicated his life to his research to fight cancer. He is so positive and upbeat which puts his patients at ease with his treatment plans. He helps patients with the fight for their life with cutting edge expertise.

Highly Recommended

Dr. Amato spends time with each patient per their needs. He does not wear a watch. If you need time with him, he gives you the one on one time you need. If you don't need the time, he moves on to someone who does. Expect to spend some time in his waiting room. Bring reading material, or make friends with the people around you. You'll have time to talk. The excellent quality of treatment you receive when you see him comes at the price of spending time in the waiting room. He is very well regarded by his patient population. Dr Amato is a scientist who is concerned with saving his patients lives as well as finding a cure for cancer. He constantly improves his treatment, individualizing your treatment based on the specific cell attributes in your tumor. No "one size fits all" here. He is well ahead of the curve in the state of the art for cancer treatment because he is personally extending that curve. Expect him to read all of your lab work and radiology and render his opinion on your case with very little sugar coating. He will give you the facts. There is no cure for the diseases Dr Amato is fighting, and they are usually very aggressive, but I have seen him improve the quality of, and extend many lives. Expect him to provide a treatment specific to you. In my opinion Dr. Amato is excellent.

Would not recommend

Dr. Amato only cares about his research. He seems so concerned and caring until he pulls you in. Then it is terrible if you are sick. We waited for hours in his office. He lied about what the scans showed. He told us there was no change but when I got copies of the reports there was signifacant change. The cancer grew. He did not want us to know so my husbnd would remain in the trial and he would continue to get money and a guinie pig. My husband died and it is possible that Dr. Amato contributed to his death. I will never know for sure. What I do know is that his last 6 weeks of life was so horrible staying in that office and the lab many hours a day. I wish we had never heard of Dr. Amato.

I would recommend Dr. Amato to anyone who is looking for a highly knowlegable, caring and reputable doctor. He is the best!

Renal Cell

Dr. Amato has treated me since late 2007. He has been excellent at diagnosing my tumors and has had me on three protocols.Prior to seeing Dr. Amato, I had my left kidney with attached tumor removed, it was over 4lbs. large. Renal cell tumors were found in my right lung. My treatment has been significantly effective due to the excellent care I am getting.

TroVax trial

I couldn't have a better Dr. When I was in the fight for my life.