Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert L Amick Jr MD
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Roanoke, VA, with another office in Christiansburg, VA. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Expensive improper diagnosis
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert L Amick Jr - Posted on July 30th, 2013
Place of treatment: Velocity Care Christiansburg, VA This Doctor does not know the difference between a Sinus Infection and Severe Bronchitis; I received the wrong Diagnosis and the wrong medicine. I had to go to another Physician that knew what he was doing and get proper treatment just a few after my visit with Dr. Amick. I do not recommend him in an Urgent Care environment.
long time patient
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert L Amick Jr - Posted on December 24th, 2011
First of all I have been a patient of Dr Amick for many years. He has been nothing but supportive in my many needs. I will never find another like him. I really hate to see him retire but do wish him the very best. Every doctor in the valley could learn from your ease of conversation, listening skills and bedside manner. You will be missed in family practice.
35 Years Experience
University Of South Carolina School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1983
Carilion Health System
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna HMO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Southern Health PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert L Amick Jr, MD - Family Medicine in Roanoke, VA, in this video.
Dr. Robert L Amick Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Roanoke, VA.