Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert S Andersen MD
Dr. Robert S Andersen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Elmhurst, IL, with another office in Lombard, IL. His specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Andersen is affiliated with Elmhurst Memorial Hospital Main Campus. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert S Andersen has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert S Andersen has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Robert S Andersen has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Robert S Andersen is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 4
Gifted and a blessing
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert S Andersen - Posted on January 8th, 2019
Dr. Andersen is a gifted Pediatrician. He aided the positive progress in my premature baby's health. He visited him in the NICU every day for 2 weeks and kept me abreast the progress and regression my son was making, and believe at 36 weeks he had some. My baby made it out of the NICU and is a healthy 4-year-old today. One day, I came to Dr. Andersen with my concerns about my daughter who appeared to be losing muscle mass and weight and expressed my concerns about other changes I had noticed. He immediately ran a glucose test and rushed her to the emergency room certain that she had TYPE 1 diabetes and recommended the best pediatric endocrinologist. He was not wrong. I thank God for Dr. Andersen because I am not sure where my family would be without him today.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert S Andersen - Posted on September 28th, 2017
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert S Andersen - Posted on June 14th, 2016
I dont know why I am getting cancelled or compelled to reschedule everytime with the doctor. I rescheduled 3 times and today 1 staff from his office called me and ordered me to reschedule. I am going to contact bcbs and ask them to pay my compensation and ultimately they will end up with yhe busy guy. My request you to guys that please make a claim with bcbs everytime he change his schedule. Then he or his staff will understamd that this is not a courtesy but we are paying them
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert S Andersen - Posted on September 7th, 2012
Patients' Choice Award (2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Andersen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Dr. Robert S Andersen Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL HMO Illinois
- BCBS IL PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry Health and Life IL PPO
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- Coventry IL PPO
- Coventry MO HMO POS
- Coventry MO PPO
- Coventry PPO Platinum
- CoventryOne PPO Network
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Robert S Andersen is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Elmhurst, IL.