Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert G Atkind has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert G Atkind has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Showing 2 of 2
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert G Atkind - Posted on March 24th, 2017
He'll spend the time to answer your questions
Self-verified patient of Dr. Robert G Atkind - Posted on December 30th, 2008
I like Dr. Atkind overall. He really listens and seems to have less ego than many doctors I've encountered. He answers lots of questions without getting impatient. I do get the sense that he's on my side and trying to remove obstacles. I'm not particularly impressed with the way he deals with patients AFTER they leave his office, however. I needed a prescription filled and I called several times over six weeks to see why it wasn't happening. At one point a member of his staff was quite rude. I ended up making an appointment just so I could find out why the medicine I had requested wasn't available. Seemed very inefficient to me.
Dr. Atkind is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
45 Years Experience
Albert Einstein College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1973
Boston University Medical Center
Dr. Robert G Atkind Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA HMO Blue with Managed Care Behavioral Health
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Tufts Health Plan
- Tufts PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsATRIUS HEALTH CAMBRIDGE HARVARD VANGUARD, 1611 Cambridge St, Cambridge, MA
Dr. Robert G Atkind is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Cambridge, MA.