- Gastric Cancer Facts about Gastric Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Triple-Negative Breast Cancer Facts about Triple-Negative Breast Cancer, including symptoms and treatment
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Robert E Atkinson has the following 2 specialties
- Surgery of the Hand
Hand surgeons are certified surgeons who are also experts in the function and structure of your wrists, hands and forearms. This allows them to treat arthritis, carpal tunnel, trigger finger and tennis elbow, most of which tend to result from repetitive and excessive use of the corresponding joints, muscles, tendons and ligaments.
Hand surgeons also commonly work with patients who have fractures or broken bones from any kind of accident. If you're experiencing any kind of general pain in your hand, wrist or forearm that isn’t going away, a hand surgeon is probably your best resource.
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Robert E Atkinson has the following 5 expertise
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Dr. Robert E Atkinson is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 4 of 16
Waited over an hour to see him for less than 2 minutes. Told me since test was negative (even though it is not a reliable test and is negative in 30% of people) that I should just go back to work (I can't even hold a pen for more than a few minutes). Didn't give me a chance to ask questions and said there was nothing to be done. I found a different doctor and am having surgery next week with a great prognosis.
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors (2018)
Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise. Castle Connolly America's Top Doctors® are specialists who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top medical specialists throughout the country who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Massachusetts General Hospital
Dr. Robert E Atkinson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- HMSA Preferred Provider Comp Med
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsPACIFIC VISION INSTITUTE OF HAWAII, 1401 S Beretania St Ste 560, Honolulu, HI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Robert E Atkinson, MD - Surgery of the Hand in Honolulu, HI, in this video.
Dr. Robert E Atkinson is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Honolulu, HI.