Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Robert B Bourne has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert B Bourne has the following 6 expertise
- Weight Loss
Dr. Robert B Bourne has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 6
Maybe the doctor should listen to patients that have other underlying issues or medical histories that could complicate the current issue or be cause to the problem at hand. To hear the word "smoking" come out of his mouth every other word as to the reason I have come to see him in the first place is almost ridiculous!!!!! So if a "non-smoker" comes in and he/she is presenting the same issues where does he go from there? Are they going to get the same treatment as a "smoker" or better because they do not? I can see as a health care provider saying something to either help the person if they want to quit or give them information they might not have been given before. So if "smoking" is the cause of my injury then why did I break my arm when I was 10? I did not smoke then. He might also want to discuss his other patients insurance or lack there of " Obama Care" other than in front of another patients door. So if my sins have a scent and it smells like cigarettes I wonder if he would smell like a rose?
Patients' Choice Award (2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
32 Years Experience
Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
L D S Hospital
Dr. Robert B Bourne accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Altius Provider Directory
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence Preferred FocalPoint
- SelectHealth Select Care
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsSalt Lake Orthopaedic Clinic, 1160 E 3900 S Ste 5000, Salt Lake City, UT
Dr. Robert B Bourne is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Salt Lake City, UT.