Vitals cannot verify whether or not this professional is currently practicing. We recommend that you attempt to contact the provider to verify their status. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any additional information.
Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert Evans
Dr. Robert Evans, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Marion, VA. He has 26 years of experience. His specialties include Emergency Medicine and Family Medicine. Dr. Evans is affiliated with Johnson County Community Hospital, Indian Path Medical Center and Johnston Memorial Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert Evans has the following 2 specialties
- Emergency Medicine
An emergency physician is a doctor who is an expert in handling conditions of an urgent and extremely dangerous nature. These specialists work in the emergency room (ER) departments of hospitals where they oversee cases involving cardiac distress, trauma, fractures, lacerations and other acute conditions.
Emergency physicians are specially trained to make urgent life-saving decisions to treat patients during an emergency medical crisis. These doctors diagnose and stabilize patients before they are either well enough to be discharged, or transferred to the appropriate department for long-term care.
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Evans is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Johnson County Community Hospital
Indian Path Medical Center
Johnston Memorial Hospital
Sycamore Shoals Hospital
Russell County Medical Center
Johnson City Medical Ctr
Johnson City Specialty Hospital
Smyth County Comm Hosp
Norton and Dickenson Community Hospitals
Carilion Health System
Dickenson County Medical Center
Russell County Community Hospital
26 Years Experience
Virginia Commonwealth University
Graduated in 1987
Dr. Robert Evans accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna HMO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions245 Medical Park Dr, Marion, VA
Dr. Robert Evans is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Marion, VA.