Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Robert B Ferguson
Dr. Robert B Ferguson, MD is a Doctor primarily located in West Bloomfield, MI. He has 27 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Ferguson is affiliated with Doctors Hospital Of Michigan. Dr. Ferguson has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Robert B Ferguson has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Robert B Ferguson has the following 8 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Robert B Ferguson has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 23
Took mother who had quadruple bypass heart surgery in May 2017, today, Mon. 7/3/17. Got there a little early filled paperwork, no doctor. Was told he was still on rounds at hospital. Mom has a serious issue possible bowel obstruction. Waited, still no doctor. Dirty small old office in W. Bloomfield. Disappointed. Will not recommend will not go there. I don't care if you're the head of the hospital. If you make an appointment you should be there. Maybe it's time to retire.
If you have had trouble getting a diagnosis other places, then I would say Dr Ferguson may be able to help. He really listens to his patients and gets to the bottom of things. He is also a very nice man. He can run late, but I would wait for him knowing that he will work just as hard for you as he does for the person in front of you.
Dr. Ferguson is a great physican
Patients' Choice Award (2011, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Dr. Ferguson is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
27 Years Experience
Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine
Graduated in 1991
St Joseph Mercy Oakland Hospital
Dr. Robert B Ferguson accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- BCBS MI Blue Care Network HMO Group Enrollees
- BCBS MI PPO Plans Group Enrollees
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- HAP Preferred PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- PriorityHealth HMO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsNorth Oakland Medical Center, 4256 Orchard Lake Rd, West Bloomfield, MI
Dr. Robert B Ferguson is similar to the following 3 Doctors near West Bloomfield, MI.