Dr. Robert B Levin Is this you?

2.3

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Robert B Levin?

Good Doctro

He was the nicest doctor I met. At time of illnes he was most helpful/

Sometimes the best intervention is no intervention

I think Dr. Levin exemplifies what a good psychiatrist is as he dosent judge has great listening skills and if after a few visits he feels he cant help you for what ever reason he is honest enough to tell you that I feel that some people want the magic pill or the magic surgery and will seek until they find This is a problem but I appreciate the fact that Dr Levin in honest and I feel has the education to diagnose and to tell you if fewer treatments or even if no treatment is necessary the problem today is that people don't want to hear that they don't need a pill or that they need to accept what they cannot change and move past and realize that sometimes the best intervention is NO intervention I appreciate Dr Levins honesty and his humility in this regard and feel that the previous reviewers need to think about these things I would highly recommend Dr Levin based on my expience

Sweet start with a sour ending

I was first very confident in the Dr.'s ability to help with my psychological and medical needs. The red flags started to pop up. He kept dropping "twenty dollar words" when speaking with me and implied ignorance on my behalf for not knowing what these words meant. I was told it was unethical for him to send me out of his office with more than 2 prescriptions when previous psychiatrist had no problem doing so. He then contradicted himself months later by sending me out the door with 2 prescriptions. Because I had no insurance I paid him cash and the price would seem to have to increase every other month for some reason. I finally realized his lack of professionalism when I went to a session and he had forgotten both of his hearing aids, no therapy was performed, and needless to say it was a complete waste of my time. He wrote my prescription wrong. I contacted him immediately and he asked me to come back the next day so he could rewrite it. I left school earlier only for him to no show on me. He then sent me a message he taped my prescription on the door. I may not know legal medical guidelines but I have a educated guess that leaving a triplicate prescription taped to the door open to the public is not considered ethical. I got the feeling he wanted to see me every week for the money and he personalized me with some woman he liked from his past because of a commonality her and I shared. Creepy! Don't waste your time, money or belief that he will contribute to your mental health well being.

Really???

He often double books, bills for visits he either double booked on or forgot to write down, has no secretary or back-up doctor in case he is unavailable, is very unprofessional, leaves other patient's information strewn all over his table/floor. Check with the California Board of Medicine before seeing him, or any psychiatrist for that matter. It is kind of frightening what you will find. I have not seen him in over a year, but if he is still practicing (amazing, if so), steer clear.

KM

Dr. Levin is a great doctor in all areas of psychological care.

Avoid!

This guy was pretty awful. He interrupted me mid-sentence multiple times to change the subject, gave snide responses to things I said, and asked questions in very rude, condescending ways. All in the first visit! Terrible bedside manner. I actually ended up sobbing in my car after I left; trying to find help and getting treated so badly can make you feel really hopeless. I went back for one follow-up appointment, which lasted maybe fifteen minutes.I had to call him a few weeks later to tell him that I was leaving the area due to a cancer diagnosis. When I told him the type of cancer, he said, "Wait, how old are you?" I told him (I am among the youngest diagnosed with my type of cancer) and after a short pause, he replied, "Jesus." So that lousy bedside manner extends to phone conversations, too, even when you've just been diagnosed with a life-threatening disease. Spare yourself the pleasure of meeting him and try someone else.

More concerned about getting his co-pay then he was treating me

He would charge me for appointments that he canceled or changed. Then demand payment before seeing me again. One man office no staff. His dog, Foxy, had a better bedside manor than he did.

pathetic

I can't believe this guy is calling himself a dr. then charging for so called services. How does he have right to charge for this garbage let alone turn you to collections???!!! I'm an educator and if I used his approach in listening skills I would have been fired and rightly so. Don't get conned out of your money. He does not know add (as in +) from ADD.